Categories

Important: The USA finally takes the ANC off the Terrorist List in 2008 – after 14 years – Why?

WARNING: This is Version 1 of my old archive, so Photos will NOT work and many links will NOT work. But you can find articles by searching on the Titles. There is a lot of information in this archive. Use the SEARCH BAR at the top right. Prior to December 2012; I was a pro-Christian type of Conservative. I was unaware of the mass of Jewish lies in history, especially the lies regarding WW2 and Hitler. So in here you will find pro-Jewish and pro-Israel material. I was definitely WRONG about the Boeremag and Janusz Walus. They were for real.

Original Post Date: 2008-05-11 Time: 00:00:00  Posted By: Jan

[It is actually most telling that the USA itself, has waited 14 years to take the ANC off the terrorist list. This shows that even the Liberal American Govt regarded the ANC AS A TERRORIST ORGANISATION UNTIL NOW. One must also ask, why they kept it on this list so long. What does the CIA and US Govt know about the ANC that neither you, nor I nor the media know? Think about. Jan]

It is about time that the humiliation of SA freedom fighters in democratic America came to an end, said ANC National Executive Committee member and businessman, Tokyo Sexwale on Saturday.

The United States House of Representatives on Thursday adopted legislation which erases from government records the designation of the African National Congress (ANC) and its leaders as “terrorists”.

“The removal of this legislation is a positive move and more than welcome. As one who was on the receiving end of this repugnant and denigrating legislation over the last 18 years, it is about time that the humiliation of SA freedom fighters in democratic America comes to end,” Sexwale said.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice asked Congress last month to pass the legislation. She called it “embarrassing” that she still had to waive travel restrictions when former President Nelson Mandela and other ANC leaders visit the United States.

Sexwale acknowledged the efforts of the public representatives who had “taken the matter to heart.”

“[We] trust that the final leg of the process, its passage through the US Senate, will take place without any further delay so that ANC leaders visiting the US are accorded the respect they deserve.”

Sexwale has engaged with numerous US representatives on the issue over the past 10 years, both publicly and privately, arguing that the legislation is both humiliating and offensive.

Late last year, he briefed lawyers about potential legal action in the US Supreme Court, although this had been withdrawn in the light of the new legislation. – Sapa

Source: http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?art_id=nw20080510165413649C265001