Categories

S.Africa: Blatant ANC Anti-Crime Propaganda

WARNING: This is Version 1 of my old archive, so Photos will NOT work and many links will NOT work. But you can find articles by searching on the Titles. There is a lot of information in this archive. Use the SEARCH BAR at the top right. Prior to December 2012; I was a pro-Christian type of Conservative. I was unaware of the mass of Jewish lies in history, especially the lies regarding WW2 and Hitler. So in here you will find pro-Jewish and pro-Israel material. I was definitely WRONG about the Boeremag and Janusz Walus. They were for real.

Original Post Date: 2006-09-05  Posted By: Jan

From the News Archives of: WWW.AfricanCrisis.Org
Date & Time Posted: 9/5/2006
S.Africa: Blatant ANC Anti-Crime Propaganda
=”VBSCRIPT”%>

S.Africa: Blatant ANC Anti-Crime Propaganda

From the News Archives of: WWW.AfricanCrisis.Org

Date & Time Posted: 9/5/2006

S.Africa: Blatant ANC Anti-Crime Propaganda

[A Rhodesian sent me this with these comments below. This black guy who wrote this is clearly ducking and diving and using all manner of smoke and mirrors and upside down logic! God! The ANC are so good at this. This is when they try to bend your mind with all sorts of illogic.

But… they can put out this garbage if they want… but I don’t think anyone really believes in this kind of tripe any more.

Remember a KEY POINT: Black Leaders, being the pricks that they are, will *LIE* and lie, and LIE SOME FLIPPING MORE! And as they lie, they lose credibility. They’ve lied thousands of times about crime and less and less people believe them.

Just last week, when I was at a pharmacy, I saw a pamphlet which said a public meeting would be held in the suburb of Melville to discuss crime! Yeah… so these pricks can tell all the stories they want.. but ON THE GROUND… in S.Africa… the RESIDENTS aren’t listening any more.

Last week, in parliament one of the Freedom Front’s MPs revved the ANC over the Johannesburg airport name change. He said, quite furiously, the name will be changed AGAIN, because the ANC will be thrown out of power IN THE NEAR FUTURE. That was quite a bold thing to say, but as I view it, I think he is right, the ANC is losing credibility, left, right and centre. All Mbeki’s lies are catching up with him fast.

I will also post a note about a fascinating discussion I had with one of the coloured women I work with. Coloured people are fast getting sick of the ANC too. Jan]

The Rhodesian wrote:-
Jan, did you read this cr*p in the business day. Who is fooling who?

Posted to the web on: 04 September 2006
Are we doing SA an injustice with our obsession about crime?
By: Cyril Madlala

I HAVE much sympathy for those tasked with marketing KwaZulu-Natal as a tourist destination while local media post banners about bloody robberies and murders along the beachfront and the International Conventional Centre. It must be a nightmare trying to convince potential visitors that they will enjoy their holiday and return home with limbs intact.

The stories are truly horrifying and, understandably, everybody who has anything to do with the matter should be worried. But community safety and liaison MEC Bheki Cele is also worried that the media, perhaps without any malicious intent, paints a picture of mayhem that is not necessarily consistent with the truth and the global context of crime. He suggests, basically, that SA could be a victim of her own zealousness to be transparent about criminal activity in the country. Assuming the information at his disposal is correct, he makes some interesting points, largely drawn from studies by the Institute of Security Studies:

(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(172)¬Interpol has no reliable crime statistics from its member countries, including Britain, the US and Australia. Their crime data is not posted on the internet.

(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(172)¬Since no country supplies her crime statistics to the United Nations, it is impossible to make an accurate measurement of crime in the world.

(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(172)¬The International Victim Survey seems to be the most reliable tool to measure crime and trends throughout the world. According to it, SA ranks 11th after Australia, New Zealand, England, Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, Canada, Scotland, Malta and Denmark.

(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(172)¬When capital cities are compared, Washington DC has the most number of murders, and Pretoria the lowest.

(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(172)¬According to the UN Development Programme statistics, Canada has the highest number of rapes (267 per 100000 persons), and the rate of drug crimes in Switzerland, at 574 per 100000, is 10 times that of Colombia.

(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(172)¬Crime in Denmark is more than five times that of the Russian Federation, and more than 100 times than Indonesia.

(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(176)°SA is nowhere near the top of the world(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(175)¯s ranking in terms of crime, but people insist that we are the worst,(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(177)± despairs Cele.

I find the comparisons interesting because one does not get a sense from our media that other countries are not the safe havens they are made out to be. Things happen all over the world, but not every island which has shark-infested seas will trumpet the news of yet another tourist being attacked.

Of course, nobody is arguing that the media should not reflect the objective reality on the ground. If a tourist is mugged and stabbed in Durban, that should be reported, but accurately and in its proper context. Those who are familiar with the city would know that the Point area in particular offers many tourist attractions, but not all of them are that attractive. If you go looking for prostitutes down there, there is a good chance that you will be relieved (194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(170)ª but also of your valuable possessions.

There is a case to be made against unfair comparisons between SA and other countries whose media and tourism authorities work together to project only a positive image (194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(176)°for the greater good of the country(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(177)±.

I was also particularly interested to hear that despite all its other upheavals, Zimbabwe(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(175)¯s crime levels are nothing to write home about: which is why we only hear about farm evictions, the weak currency and President Robert Mugabe(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(175)¯s dislike of British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Essentially what this means is that the issue of how we are perceived internationally regarding crime, or any other matter of national concern, requires all of us to pull together because other nations do so as well. That is not to say we should not deal with the problem of crime, the levels of which are totally unacceptable.

But it is also important to remember that what crime there is in SA is not a post-1994 phenomenon. Apartheid(194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(175)¯s crime against humanity was very violent. Stories of policemen of all races wiping out their families are as much a feature of South African life as are those of faction fights over grudges of decades gone by.

In other words, if for so many years we have been breeding and nurturing crime in its many forms (194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(170)ª robbing the poor of fair wages as domestic servants, messengers or farm labourers; initiating and sustaining a system of government that was inherently criminal (194)Â(161)¡(194)Â(170)ª can we honestly deny that individually and collectively we are now reaping what we have been sowing all these years?

Madlala is the editor and publisher of UmAfrika.

Source: Business Day

<%
HitBoxPage(“NewsView_8680_S.Africa:_Blatant_ANC_Anti-Crime_Propaga”)
%>